Friday, December 12, 2008

Welcome December!

I had another Doctor appointment today that went well. Both baby and momma are healthy and doing great. I'm pretty sure I had contractions on Wednesday this week, but I'm not sure. It just felt like baby was doing jumping jacks which made everything feel really tight and uncomfortable. At the end of the day my stomach felt like a big bruise. At my appointment we scheduled all the rest of my check-ups! It's hard to believe I am close enough to do that! I get to go in for one of them on Christmas Eve, which will be a fun experience! :o)

I sang with some other women in my ward for a stake Relief Society Christmas program. It was a really nice program full of stories and music. Apparently they do something big like this every year. I really like this stake because they're always doing something with music! There are a lot of really talented people too! We sang an arrangement of Mary's Lullaby. It was suprisingly easy to sing long phrases last night too... maybe baby is dropping a little. That's nice.

I went and registered yesterday and if you ever want to be blown away at how many options you could possibly have for pacifiers or bottles just go to Babies "R" Us. And who really knows what your baby will even like or not. I decided our baby will get a pacifier only in extreme situations. Overall it was a good time wondering around the store looking at cute little things and it made me get even more excited to actually have a real live baby. :o)

This week Dan got word that he'll be staying on at his work a little longer than February. He was hired for temp work and they must like what he's doing. That's all we know for now, but it looks and feels good. He's liking it, and we like the hours he works. Even though he gets up very early, it sure is nice to have him home for half the day on Friday's!

Life is grand!

3 comments:

Charla Ann said...

I am glad life is grand!

Braeden and Jackie said...

I'm glad to hear that everything is going well. Those darn braxton hicks are so confusing. Even when I was in labor it was hard for me to tell. Maybe you'll be a better judge than me.

The pacifier...definitely in moderation, but do everything you can to teach him to take it. Believe me... it's so much harder when they won't take the plug. They just want to be attached to you all the time (Tanner vs. Audralyn and Spencer).

See you guys soon!!

sita325 said...

Hi Lisa!

Glad to hear everything is going well during your last trimester! :D

Have to agree with Braeden and Jackie's comment.. it gets to be very difficult when baby wants to be attached to you all the time, instead of the pacifier :/ and later, once they don't need to be sucking on something so much, they will naturally not need the binky anymore.

Also- for me, I knew the real labor was starting when it felt like period cramps, but like 50 times worse...you'll know. :D

This might sound weird, but enjoy your labor... it is probably the most magnificent and beautiful thing you will ever go through.

Love, Leah

Total Pageviews