My dad came down and joined us, and I had made an extra shirt that was perfect for him. (looking through my pictures now, I realize I don't have a single one with him in it! How did that happen?! Sorry Dad!) I wanted Soren to get in on the festivities, so I made him a little hat.
He rarely kept it on longer than 1 minute at a time, but it was cute while it lasted! There was horses people could ride, and also little ponies. Soren was immediately interested in them and wanted a turn. He LOVED it. He screamed every time I had to pry him off.
They had a pie bake-off, and I was feeling adventurous and signed up. I honestly haven't made very many pies in my lifetime, so was a little nervous how it would turn out. I decided on Blueberry Pie, and it was actually really yummy!
It won! Talk about surprising. I'll have to make it again for us to eat next year when blueberries are in season and cheaper. We had a great time and decided to take a detour on the way home to go to Lookout Mt. We timed it just right to catch a beautiful sun set on the beauts and foothills.

People who saw us there gave us quick glances. No, we are not Quakers, we just like dressing up as pioneers.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! I LOVE that little hat!!! What a handsome little boy Soren is. :)
Post a Comment