We got back into Denver last night from a trip to Cody, WY. The drive was beautiful and the trip was fantastic! We wish we could have stayed longer for sure, but it was fun while it lasted. The only downside to it was that Soren got sick. Everyone kept telling us that it’s near to impossible for him to get sick because babies have a strong immune system this young…and yet he was able to get something. He started having the sniffles a couple days before, but I thought nothing of it. After the 10 hour car ride there he was congested in his throat too. By the time we left WY he was coughing and stuffy. Now it sounds like he lost his voice; his cries are wimpy and he squeals. We bought a humidifier on our way into town last night and have had it going non-stop. He hasn’t had too high of a fever, so that is good. I’m still super paranoid about it. He has been rather fussy today, but hopefully the worst has past and he will get better soon. He sleeps really good for now though.

Story from Lisa: In church the ladies were getting their ‘baby fix’ in Relief Society by holding Soren. They decided to hand him back off to me as he began to cough and just as I had him in my hands, BLAH! He threw-up all down the front of my black shirt. Yum. Those one either side of me tried to help soak it up with tissues as I searched for his burp clothe. Needless to say I had to do some laundry when we got home. p.s. baby spit up leaves stains.
On a happier note, the blessing was wonderful. We did it at the Jacobsen’s home to avoid personally populating the chapel with visitors. The majority of the family goes to the same ward, except Dan’s parents and brother.

6 weeks have now past since we were in the hospital. The most exciting thing that means for me is that I can start doing aerobic activity again! I’ve been looking forward to this big time!
3 comments:
Poor Soren. I hope he gets better soon. Coughs always make me worried so I go to parenting.com. They have a symptom checker with different audio of coughs. I was certian CJ had croup a few weeks ago, went there and listened, decided I wasn't out of my mind because it sounded just like my son. Sure enough the next day at the Dr. we were told he had croup.
I'm glad to hear the trip and the blessing went well, too.
Have fun with your arobics!
For the stains, use Dreft. It is in the baby section. It works wonders. When Weston would have a blowout, I would just spray that on it and not even rinse, or scrub it out, and it comes out.
I'm so glad your trip to Cody was successful and that you guys had a great time! So sorry that little Soren has been sick, though. =( Hope he feels all better soon! And yeah for aerobics! --Jenny
Post a Comment