
He did really well with his shots. He did cry when he got them, but once mama picked him up he settled down and was ok. He even got cool Band-Aids and 2 awesome stickers! :o) I only had to give him one dose of Tylenol later in the afternoon. That night he slept the whole night! 11pm to 5:30am- the longest one yet! It was amazing to get more than 4 or 5 hours of sleep in one whack! It felt great! He has been more cranky lately, which isn’t fun to play the guessing game to figure out what’s wrong, but it’s not too bad and I can usually get him to calm down or fall asleep after a while.

Another exciting thing is that his hair is growing back. He lost a lot, especially on the top of his head and it’s now coming back in as dark peach fuzz. I’m pretty sure he’ll have darker hair for a while.
I got a membership at a YMCA that’s about a 10 minute walk from our home. I’m eager to get this baby chub off, and am enjoying all that I can do at the Y. Especially in the pool. :o)
5 comments:
Lisa you and Dan make a CUTE baby...he is SO darling, and I am not saying that just because I am your friend! :)
As I was reading your blog I notice the mention of the dreaded guessing game. I got really excited because it doesn't have to be a guessing game!!!! I heard about this "baby language" at a mommy group I went to when CJ was just over 6 months old and I was totally sceptical. But we watched a video about it (it was on Oprah) and talked about it. Most of us thought the same thing, "Yeah, right! But, if it will help me help my baby I'll give it a shot." Holy cow it works!
So here's the deal with it. When babies are 0-3 months they all have the same pre-cry. There are 6 different sounds they make. When they are at the begining of their crying they make certain sounds. If you wait too long to listen for it you can't hear it anymore because then the baby is crying too hard and they stop saying the sounds. It takes a bit of practice to learn each sound, but once you learn how your baby says them, you know right away what your baby needs. It is amazing!!!! Brand new moms used to come to our group once CJ was older and when their baby would start to cry other moms would say, "oh, your baby needs to burp!" The new mom would be shocked, burp the baby and want to know how the other moms knew. I'm telling you, it's cool!!!
It's called Dunstan Baby Language.
I'm trying to look up the sounds right now, but I'm having computer problems. I'll send them on as soon as I can find them.
I know you didn't ask for the advice, but I was excited about sharing!
Charla Ann is right, you sure do make cute babies.
Hey girl! He is so dang cute. It sounds like he did much better than Hazel did with her shots. I'm definitely not looking forward to her getting more at her 6mo. appt. next week.
And hurray for being able to workout! You don't know what a privilege it is until you can't do a whole lot of it for over 9 months! Good luck!
p.s. I also posted a comment way way down when Soren was born. Just wanted to let you know so you'd be sure to see it. =D
Ok, if you're interested in the whole Dunstan Baby Language, you can type it into google and click on the Wikipedia link. It gives a list of the sounds and what they mean.
I just can't believe how cute Soren is!!!!
Sierra was sitting with me when I played the cooing...she started trying to coo back. So jelous you have a Y so close!
Post a Comment