Friday, November 6, 2009

Whacha makin'?

So when the weather got bad a few weeks ago and Soren and I stayed inside all day long, I had to do something to keep me busy. I re-discovered a hobby that I've been neglecting since, I think, last November or December. I'm pretty sure I haven't done any of it since Soren was born. That is crocheting. I was figuring what will keep our little boy's head warm and dry when we go out. Rather than going to the store and buying a hat that his head will most certainly out grow before the end if this season, I decided to make one myself. I didn't have a pattern, (although even if I did have one I stink at understanding them) so I kinda made it up as I went and kept trying it on Soren's head to see if it would work. I didn't want it to be too small, but I think I might have made it just a tad big for now. One good thing about that is he'll probably still fit it next year.

Here's a side shot. It's got ear flaps and all.

I think my next attempt will be mittens. Although I know it will be lots harder because there will be two of them, and they have to at least resemble each other. Perhaps I'll find a pattern for this one. We'll see.

4 comments:

Edie said...

So cute! And you're so talented Lisa! I especially like the ear flaps and tassels.

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness!! That is so cute! I can't believe you did that without a pattern! That is so cute! The little boy in the hat is just adorable too! Sure miss you guys1

Michele.Sobek@octanner.com said...

Awesome Job Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic job, Lise! All that practice on scarves and blankets has paid off. Way to go!
~MOM~

Total Pageviews