1.
.jpg)
Here are some Baum, Curtis, Johnson, and Jacobsen kids.
I couldn't be so close to Rexburg and not go, so Alison and I took a couple hours to visit friends and got to pend some time at the park with Tom and his family (Dan's brother)
We made our way back to Utah for the 6th, and Soren and I had dinner with Amy (Dan's sister) and her family, Edie (another sister) and her family, and Grandma Enid Jacobsen.
He tried real hard to get her moving..jpg)
Our first trip was Utah. My cousin Devin was married in the Bountiful temple on June 4. It was a great time to be with family we haven't seen in YEARS. Soren got to meet his great-grandma and grandpa Bell for the first time..jpg)
.jpg)
Wesley and Virginia Bell family, minus Marsha.
.jpg)
Soren had a good time playing with Great-Grandpa Bell! He thought he was pretty funny...but who doesn't?!
From there we took a quick 3 hour drive to Idaho to be in Ucon on the 5th for my nephew James' baptism. It was great to be with more siblings.
Here are some Baum, Curtis, Johnson, and Jacobsen kids.
I couldn't be so close to Rexburg and not go, so Alison and I took a couple hours to visit friends and got to pend some time at the park with Tom and his family (Dan's brother)
We made our way back to Utah for the 6th, and Soren and I had dinner with Amy (Dan's sister) and her family, Edie (another sister) and her family, and Grandma Enid Jacobsen.
He tried real hard to get her moving..jpg)
Soren was sick pretty much all day Monday. Throwing up lots. It was crummy to be at someone else's home instead of our own at this point. We went to the park, but he was pretty slow and zoney the whole time. We got home in time for him to throw up again in the entry way. Great.
We got back to Fort Collins, CO on Tuesday the 8th (with no throwing up the whole ride mind you) in time for Rachel's softball game. She did a great job! Her team won. Soren had fun walking around seeing all the doggies and playing on the playground.
I waited at the Johnson's for Dan to come get me after work. Soren stayed there for the next weekend during Trek. It was my turn to get sick the day between trips. Which means I wasn't very diligent in getting things ready for trek. Too bad.2.
(see last post) Trek was a GREAT experience for us! We'll always remember the great youth in our family and the wonderful testimony we built of the early saints and what they endured. Read the post to hear what we did.
We had 5 1/2 wonderful days of non-travel and went to the library, the park, on walks, a Relief Society activity, the fabric store, did some sewing, and who knows what else. Sunday night we migrated up to Fort Collins again and had Father's Day dinner with the Johnson's. I attempted making a ice cream cake, and it was a success. mmm. I want to make it again soon.

3.
June 21 we set out for our longest trip - California. We drove 8(ish) hours and stayed in UT for the night, then left good and early for our last 12 hours to Concord. We did lots of fun things there with family. My parents are moving this month to CO, so we got to help go through things and decide what we didn't want any more. And get all our junk we left in boxes.
Took the kiddies to Pixieland.
Soren's first ride ever. He thought it was pretty fun.
Soren loved the little cars.
He was pretty jelous about not getting to go on the roller coaster. The girls went on it plenty of times to make up for his loss.
Playing at a park in Dublin.
At the 'Curtis Family Good-bye's at the park'.
Soren's first ride ever. He thought it was pretty fun.
Soren loved the little cars.
He was pretty jelous about not getting to go on the roller coaster. The girls went on it plenty of times to make up for his loss.
Playing at a park in Dublin.
At the 'Curtis Family Good-bye's at the park'. The cakes said "Good-bye Mt. Diablo" and "Hello Rockies"
POLITIS'!!
Grandma and Grandpa rented a jump house on Monday for all the kids.
Yes, Soren liked it.
Crushing the many cans. I remember thinking this was he funnest thing EVER when I was little.
All the grand kids.
POLITIS'!!
Grandma and Grandpa rented a jump house on Monday for all the kids.
Yes, Soren liked it.
Crushing the many cans. I remember thinking this was he funnest thing EVER when I was little.
All the grand kids.
Lots of us got sick - it basically made its way through families. We some how avoided it through. Thank goodness. Overall, it was fun being with everyone and going through the house and memories of the past. Before we hit the road we had to give one last run of the hallway with our fingernails on the wood paneling.
4.
The last trip of them all was to Cody, WY for the 4th of July weekend. The trip was shorter than we wanted, but we had fun while it lasted. I was mostly concerned Soren couldn't take another 8 hours in the car. He did alright though. Dan's good friend Joel took the train from UT to Denver and came with us. He was really a lifesaver because he kept him Dan was bouncing off the walls the morning we were leaving. He was just too excited and was on overload.
We went to the Cody parade again this year and it was great!
Soren found lots his favorite thing...dogs! There were 2 huge ones just by us. He didn't really want to touch them or get too close.
This one on the other hand was small and full of tons of energy! It was jumping all over him, which made him not so thrilled.
We went to the pond and went out in some canoes. Soren found one sitting out with a little water at the bottom (must have been a leaker), and tried a little too hard to get close. He did a nose dive, got all wet and still wanted to do it again.
We spent some time at the farm. Soren seemed to like it. Must have been from all the time I spent there before he was born.
Joel feeding a calf
Carrying a new calf to its new home.
We got to spend some time with good friends.
We went to the family party and danced the night away. Here's Soren and Justine dancing. Dan and I had a blast dancing, it feels like a long time since the last time we got to!
Our very own, personal fireworks show put on by Sara.
Once again, the sickies went through everyone, adult and child. Dan's didn't kick in until we had gotten back home. Soren and I lucked out and missed it again, I'm pretty sure because we already had our turns before.
Soren found lots his favorite thing...dogs! There were 2 huge ones just by us. He didn't really want to touch them or get too close.
This one on the other hand was small and full of tons of energy! It was jumping all over him, which made him not so thrilled.
We went to the pond and went out in some canoes. Soren found one sitting out with a little water at the bottom (must have been a leaker), and tried a little too hard to get close. He did a nose dive, got all wet and still wanted to do it again.
We spent some time at the farm. Soren seemed to like it. Must have been from all the time I spent there before he was born.
Joel feeding a calf
Carrying a new calf to its new home.
We got to spend some time with good friends.
We went to the family party and danced the night away. Here's Soren and Justine dancing. Dan and I had a blast dancing, it feels like a long time since the last time we got to!
Our very own, personal fireworks show put on by Sara.
Once again, the sickies went through everyone, adult and child. Dan's didn't kick in until we had gotten back home. Soren and I lucked out and missed it again, I'm pretty sure because we already had our turns before.I can guarantee you we won't be going on any more long road trips for a while. Thanks for asking.
No comments:
Post a Comment