Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our Valentine's Day

We don't get into the whole 'show how much you love me by what you buy me' thing. Nor doing it all on one chosen day. But I thought it would be fun to get some balloons for Soren to play with. We went to the dollar tree and it was like walking into a child's paradise! They had blown up hundreds of fun balloons for Valentine's Day and were floating on the ceiling in one section of the store. Soren probably could have spent the whole day in there and been totally enthralled! I won't lie, I had a ball walking through all the twirls of string hanging from ceiling to floor. I'm thinking balloons will have to be a new regular for us. Soren wouldn't stop talking about the "frof" and "oo ah ha bloon" all day! We have a vaulted ceiling so I was worried they would go up there and we'd never reach them, but the strings are plenty long and I don't even have to go on my toes! Hours of entertainment delight for this little guy, for only a dollar. Yes, please! This picture was taken this morning (hence the pajamas) after her came out of the bedroom and strait for those strings.
Dan came home from work with Lilies. It makes me smile every time I look at them because that's what we're naming this little girl inside me - Lily. :o) What a great husband!
Of course you just have to make heart shaped pancakes around this time of year. I tried doing it a little differently this time because the batter does what it wants to and I can never make a shape that is recognisable. I was pleased with the way they turned out. (I don't know why the picture rotated when I uploaded them one here...just tilt your head) We actually had these beauties last Friday for dinner, but felt it appropriate to share here.
And last of all our FHE treat was a pumpkin pie with (can anyone guess it?)... a heart in the middle. This was fun to design too! Complete with a chocolate kiss for each of us.

We had a fun day, and hope you did too!

No comments:

Total Pageviews