I gain weight when I nurse. With Soren I didn't lose any more weight after I left the hospital until he was weaned. The time between having Lily weaned and being pregnant with Anna was so short I didn't make much progress in that department. I've determined that isn't going to happen this time around! I'm going to work hard for that not to happen anymore!
I've joined a group of 15 other women who are doing a friendly weight loss competition. This was the first week (started on the 11th) and will last 10 weeks. Who ever loses the most % at the end wins the big pot of $450. I'm really excited because I think this will motivate me a lot more than just telling myself I want to lose it. There are other places and lesser prizes to go with it, but I'm going for the big one!
Fridays are our posting days, and I am happy to say I've lost the most % this week! I didn't believe it myself, but it's true... I've lost 8.4 pounds since last week! That's 4.98%. Pretty exciting! I honestly can't see or really feel much of a difference yet. Dan asked me yesterday how I felt. My response? "Mushy." He re-worded the question and asked how I felt inside. I feel great! I didn't get snappy with the kids as much this week, and felt like I slept better (often too well while feeding Anna in the night). I'm really excited for this little extra push to get me going.
Keep me enthused about reaching my goal by asking me about how I'm doing on it! I'll keep you posted too. :)
1 comment:
Woo hoo! You can do it!
Post a Comment