We've had a few visitors come to our house these past couple weeks. It's been great to see family and Soren has loved the one-on-one time with them too. Uncle Andy came for a business training 2 weeks ago (at the end of our sick-o days) and came for dinner at our place. Soren kept saying his name for days afterward. Then Aunt Sara came and visited for about 5 days. Boy, were we spoiled! She helped out so much around the house and with Soren, I can't even express how grateful I am to have had her here!! Soren loved it too! They did lots together. Thanks Aunt Sara! Here's what Soren has to say:
I'm positive it's because of saying her name so much he suddenly realized he could say his own name! They are pretty similar you know. His usual response to "what's your name?" was a grunt or "me", but now it's a clear "Soren". He sometimes even pronounces it like with a Danish accent. Pretty smart kid. :o) On another note, his vocabulary is exploding! He says new things every day and is getting LOTS better at explaining himself. 39 weeks today, and no baby yet. Nor any signs she'll be coming soon, but it's not from the lack of trying. This past Friday at my check-up I was 2 centimeters dilated. We did LOTS of standing and walking Friday and Saturday, so I'm hoping I'm making some progress. We're going to go play at the YMCA tonight as a family, Soren keeps asking me to jump with him to music and I tire quickly. I've read Basil and Oregano help induce labor (and a friend has testified it worked for her!), so you know what we're having for dinner this week... and loads of it! :o)
We are also in the process of purchasing our very first house! We've been a bit pre-occupied with that, which has kept me very busy and my mind off getting closer to delivery. It's going to take some working on, but for the price and neighborhood we're ready to go for it. We plan to close on it this month. It's all so exciting and overwhelming at the same time! I hope I stay sane through it all.

3 comments:
So close Lisa!! I know what you mean about trying to get some progress. I've been bouncing on our exercise ball like a mad woman. :) I'm sure you'll still beat me since you're a week and a half ahead... good luck!!!
WOW! A house! I had no idea! I'm so jealous! :) And I'm so excited you are so close! Cant wait to see pics of your little lady.
Soren is SOOOO cute!!! It was so fun with you guys! I won't call and ask if the little gal has come yet, but I will wish you good luck! Love you guys! :)
Sara
Post a Comment