I have seriously not come on to our blog since my last post 2 months ago. Dan is busy on the computer most every day looking for work, and when he's off I have so many other things I'd rather do than sit and type. Like put my feet up and fold laundry, sew a dress, or maybe organize my life, the list never ends... But, I feel I should at least give an update of what's going on in our life. Dan is off at another meeting tonight, so I have a window of time before bed to get to this.
Dan just returned from helping at Scout camp. He was gone from Monday to Saturday and for some reason it was much harder than the time he was gone for a whole month at school. At least that time we got to talk for a little while once a week when they went into town to take showers and clean their clothes. Oh yeah, we didn't have any kids then. They were pretty rotten the first day, but things got better from there. All in all, we're glad Dan had a great time and came back with no cuts or other injuries, but most importantly that we're all together again. It may take a few days of sleep for his body to function though. Today was rough in church. I was constantly poking him to stay awake. Maybe we'll let him sleep in tomorrow, then it's back to the grind of things. :)
The kids are great. Livelier than ever! Lily is running everywhere her brother goes. It's pretty fun to just sit and watch her waddle around and explore everything. She is babbling all of the time now. That is my absolute favorite thing to hear! Soren gets a kick out of some of the things she says, or tries to say. She loves loves music! Radio - she starts dancing, piano - she has to sit on the bench and play along, guitar - she loves tuning...but since those are kept off-limits she settles on strumming. I'm excited to see what she'll decide to do with all that rhythm one day.
Soren is becoming a great older brother. He loves watering the garden with me every day, getting in on the work on any of our projects. He's constantly asking me "what time is it?" and when I tell him he'll say "what does that mean?". It's made teaching him to tell the time a lot easier than I thought it would be. He constantly wants to go to the park, but it's been so hot we all melt after 5 minutes if we're there after 10. Poor boy. He could quite possibly read (or rather be read to) all day long if he had the choice. Too bad my voice gets tired after 6 books in a row. I hope he keeps this passion because I certainly didn't give it to him.
I am doing well. My feet are not liking this pregnancy. At all. They don't look terribly swollen yet, but I know they are getting there because my ankles are becoming cankles. They are in pain from the moment I wake up - double the pain when I actually stand on them - until I go to bed at night. A lovely friend of mine came over and gave me a foot massage for my birthday, and I love her for that! I may keep her number on speed dial. Teaching piano lessons is our family income for now. If only I had more students. I'm 28 weeks and healthy as a horse. In love with my swamp cooler! That is all.
I will hopefully make some more time soon to post about some of the things we've been doing this summer! I'll even include pictures!

2 comments:
Life without daddy is hard! So glad you survived! :) It sounds like Soren and P are twins! The park and reading are probably his two favorite things. He would let me read as long as I am willing.
I'd love to talk with you about how you started doing Piano Lessons. Do you have an email that you use? Mine is just my first name {dot} my last name {at} gmail. Shoot me an email and I'll send you my questions.
I love you!
I love the picture of the kids! And glad to hear the updates...well, sorry about some of them (cankles and sick boys :) But I'm glad you have a swamp cooler to help out.
Post a Comment