So, the car really isn't fixed. We found out this weekend when Dan went to get the engine flushed out that there's a crack in the bottom of the radiator. This explains a lot and now we understand why everything has been happening.
So what did I do this weekend? Soren and I went to Cody. We left Friday morning on a bus, and rode 11 hours and 15 minutes to Lovell, WY which is about 30 minutes from Dan's parent's home. It was a long, but good ride there. We drove places I'd never seen before. My favorite was seeing a sunflower farm. That definitely puts a smile on your face! Soren liked not having to sit in a car seat the whole way, and slept off and on for probably half the ride. I was grateful and I'm sure the other passengers were too. Kathy and Jeff (Dan's parents) picked us up and we stayed the next day with them. We went through with buying the van from Dan's brother Andy and wife Jamie. Their kids gave me a good tour of the van, and showed its durability too. :) We left Sunday after church and drove 6 hours to Laramie, WY and stayed the night with my sister Jackie and her family. Soren did so good, I am so glad he never really screamed the whole trip. Usually once we got moving he would fall asleep or play with something I'd give him. We took the last 2 hour stretch to Denver the next morning and went strait to Dan's work to see him. It was a happy reunion and we got to have lunch together for the first time. That was great fun for all! I only got pulled over once in Fort Collins, just an hour from home, and was just given a warning because we don't have plates for the van yet. (That will be tomorrow's task) I've decided that the van is incredibly comfortable and fun to drive! I get more and more excited every time I drive it or even think about it. I'm happy with this choice.
Our saved money is quickly being depleted with... well, mostly insurance. But we now have health, car and renter's insurance which has all been greatly needed for some time now. The stress for those things have gone down and others have taken their place. This is most definitely a time for growth. While we were at Jackie's house, their 5 year old woke up twice in the night (but I totally didn't even hear anything!) because his "bones hurt". We all have to have some growing pains once in a while, but it's good for us because then we're much stronger after it's all over. Right? That's something to try to remember.
1 comment:
WOW!! What an adventure! So glad things worked out. And I'm happy you are doing well! Love you!
Post a Comment