Well, from the lack of happy news yesterday, need I say my Dr. appointment was very disappointing? I've made no physical progress, just mental and emotional. I'm so ready for this baby to come, hasn't she gotten the memo? My doctor said they could schedule an induction next Tuesday if she hadn't come by then. I nearly started crying, but held my composure as best I could and asked, "Do you ever induce earlier than 41 weeks? Can I go in sooner than that? Like today?" The hospital doesn't usually schedule inductions on the weekends because there's usually not enough staff to cover all who come in. We reminded her it's still Thursday, so not quite the weekend yet. She went ahead and called the hospital to see what she could work out. They couldn't get us in until Saturday morning. So, Saturday morning at 7am is when we'll go in and I'll get induced. So maybe by the end of the day we'll have a baby in our arms after all. I am grateful that they could bend the 'norm' and get us in sooner than next week, but I'm just ready now! I feel miserable and pretty useless. I hate sounding like a compainer, but it's the truth. Saturday can't come soon enough.
Dan came with me to the appointment, and then decided to spend the day with me instead of go back to work. I decided I needed to do some more physical exertion seeing as what I've been doing for the past 3 weeks hasn't really helped. So what did we decide on doing? We took a trip to the Red Rocks Amphitheater of course! It's so nice and close, and was a lovely day and here's the main attraction:

STAIRS! And lots of them! We walked over 600 stairs (I didn't actually count them all) and walked around a lot, at a turtles pace mind you, but did it all the same. There were plenty of people there to whisper and snicker about the big-ol'-pregnant girl waddling around. I woke up with sore legs this morning, no surprise, but I just hope it helped things move along even a tad! Please come soon baby!
2 comments:
Good luck Lisa! I'll be thinking about you and praying for you.
Good luck! I went two weeks past my due date with my first and had to be induced, and five days past with my second (but that one at least started spontaneously). Hang in there!
Post a Comment