Tuesday, October 6, 2009

White Ranch Park

We wanted to get out and enjoy the beautiful changes of approaching Fall, so we decided to explore a new trail after Dan got home from working a half day Friday.

We chose to go to White Ranch Open Space. It was beautiful! It was an old homestead, there were even original homes and farming equipment along the trail we could read about. When we started out the trail it was a little windy, but once we got deeper in the trees and hidden from the sun it was quite chilly.

I was excited to get to use my nice back we got over a year ago. I couldn't really use it when I was pregnant. The waist strap would have been incredibly difficult to buckle, not to mention uncomfortable. We carried lots of water, warm clothes and a lunch. Soren rode on the back of Dan. This time he could look around a lot better than the last good hike we did several months ago.
I had a hard time capturing the wonderful colors we saw. The were truly magnificent!
Soren loved getting out and touching everything.


Soren got pretty cold. We kept telling him he just needed to move around and he'd be much warmer, but he just wouldn't listen. Imagine that. It's a good thing we brought a warmer coat for him. I have a feeling mitten's will be our next purchase for this little guy.

He took a little trip inside Dan's big warm jacket with him to try and defrost his little fingers and face. He was much better after that.
This is one of my favorite pictures I captured from our hike. The camera was giving me grief, but after 5 minutes of trying to get it to work, I got this one. We saw lots of deer (going through at about dusk helps), 17 to be exact. This one was just a little guy with some "training" antlers. One was about half the size of the other, and very little. You can hardly tell because they blend in nicely with the grass...but they're there.

Here's the early moon over the city. Pretty cool.

No comments:

Total Pageviews