We got a piano. That's right a REAL piano!
Someone was moving and trying to get rid of some stuff they had, and a piano just happened to be one of them! A few Sunday's ago a member of our bishopric asked me after church if I wanted something to practice one (my calling is Relief Society pianist and I usually only have 10-15 minutes of 'prelude' time for practice). I told him if he doesn't mind taking it to the third floor, I'd be more than happy to take it! (and for F-R-E-E!)
So last night after mutual Dan got a few of the young men and leaders to come carry it up. I'm super excited about it. It's a little out of tune, but at least it's a piano and it plays...that's all that matters for me now. Otherwise it's in fairly good shape. I think I may get new knobs for the sliding key cover because one of the screws snapped in transportation. It makes me so happy every time I look at it!!!!
Someone was moving and trying to get rid of some stuff they had, and a piano just happened to be one of them! A few Sunday's ago a member of our bishopric asked me after church if I wanted something to practice one (my calling is Relief Society pianist and I usually only have 10-15 minutes of 'prelude' time for practice). I told him if he doesn't mind taking it to the third floor, I'd be more than happy to take it! (and for F-R-E-E!)
2 comments:
How exciting and what a steal! I am so happy for you!
p.s. I hope you post a picture of it sometime. I'd love to see it in your home!
Post a Comment