Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hoarsey

This morning I spent 5 hours in the Emergency room. Soren woke up on Monday morning with a bit of a hoarse throat, and it's just been getting worse. So last night I set up a little spot for him to sleep in a steamy bathroom. He woke up this morning weasing big time, but was still smiling and didn't seem too bothered by it. That is until he had a little breakfast and started coughing and feeling uncomfortable. So I called a Nurse hotline with his insurance that I can call with any questions. I explained his sitution to her and she could hear him breathing in the background and asked, "Is that him?" I replied "Yes it is." She then said, "has he been gasping for air at all?" "Nope." "How close are you to an emergency room? He needs to go!" This boy who was just smiling at me 2 minutes ago is in that serious of a condition?! So I throw some clothes on (totally ignoring the fact that I need to at least bring water and something for breakfast).

So they determined he has Croup and he has to take some medication for a few days. But he's doing MUCH better now after the breathing treatment they gave him. You can't hear him breathing from accross the room anymore. That's an improvement! And he's smiling again too, which is always a good thing! We'll be laying low at home for a few days so he doesn't give it to other kids. Sad.

No comments:

Total Pageviews